10 HP Air Compressor, V4, 3 Phase, 120 Gallon Tank, Horizontal
10 HP Air Compressor, V4, 3 Phase, 120 Gallon Tank, Horizontal, Industrial Plus
5.00 out of 5
Each and every one of our piston air compressors is built to exacting standards, to provide years of dependable service, under demanding conditions. And because we use only high-quality brand-name components, we offer a full five year warranty, on all of our piston air compressors.
This 10 HP Gas Air Compressor with 120 Gallon Tank is designed for industrial use with proper maintenance. This unit features our low RPM pump.
The BEST Warranty In the Industry
Polar Air, by Eaton Compressor, backs all of our piston air compressors with the best warranty in the industry – a full 5 years – and it is NOT pro-rated. Make sure to research and ask questions, when comparing warranty information. Be certain, when you buy, that you are getting a FULL warranty. A Pro-Rated warranty means that, the older the compressor gets, the more risk that you may have to pay out of your own pocket, should it need repair. With our warranty, we don’t ask you to buy a service plan, or extended warranty – we just ask that you purchase and use our oil and filters. This ensures the correct oil and filters to keep your piston air compressor running for years to come. Our trained service and support team is ready to assist you, if you ever need them and we carry a full line of air compressor replacement parts.
Our Air Compressor Pump
At the core of our Whisper Series Quiet Air Compressors is our sturdy and reliable air compressor pump by Eaton Compressor. These air compressor pumps are exceptionally quiet in operation and engineered to provide years of reliable service.
Our air compressor pumps are engineered with reliability and durability in mind. The crankcase is solid cast iron, ensuring stable crankshaft alignment and the ability to handle a higher workload even under heavy load conditions. Our compressor pumps also feature a precision balanced solid cast iron crankshaft with Timken-Style stainless steel roller bearings on the front and rear of the crankshaft, ensuring smooth & efficient operation with less drag and reduced energy usage
Our air compressor pumps also feature:
- All steel connecting rods with replaceable rod bearing inserts – this allows the air compressor rods to be rebuilt. While many of our competitors use less reliable aluminum rods, that cannot be rebuilt, the ability to rebuild the rods in our compressor will save you money.
- Removable 100% cast iron cylinders – our solid cast iron cylinders are more stable under extreme workloads and do not warp from heat, ensuring years of reliable service. Many lesser quality competitors use aluminum cylinders with a pressed-in sleeve, that can quickly warp and often need to be replaced within 1-2 years. Our solid cast iron cylinders were designed to provide years of dependable service under extreme conditions.
- All cast iron cylinder heads – cast iron cylinder heads are more durable and dependable for trouble free operation.
- Disc valve design intake and exhaust valves – disc valves have been around for over 100 years and have been proven to provide reliable service under extreme conditions. Our disc valves can be easily removed from the top of the cylinder head, where they can be serviced in minutes, instead of hours, like the reed valves often found in lesser quality air compressors.
- Top quality compression and oil rings – our rings ensure performance with low oil carry over (1-5 PPM).
- Precision ground pistons – machined to tight tolerances ensuring low oil carry over.
- Premium non-absorbent gaskets – prevent oil seepage from the pump.
- All cast iron flywheel with built-in fan – the extra weight of our cast iron flywheel during run cycle gives the pump more “throw” on the compression stroke resulting in fewer loads on the electric motor. Many lesser quality air compressors use aluminum flywheels that do not have the proper weight ratio to give the proper throw, on the compression stroke, when the pump is running.
- Built-in head unloaders – these unloaders are built into the intake valve assembly, on the compressor head, and perform a valuable function by unloading or opening the intake valves under constant run applications. This feature reduces internal pump heat from compression, because the intake valve is held open throughout the unloading cycle, allowing fresh air to come into the cylinder chamber. Under the compression stroke, the unloader holds the intake valve open, allowing the air to blow back out the intake filter. This fresh air absorbs the heat from the pump under heavy workloads.
- Built-in inter-cooler and after-coolers – the inter-cooler allows air to be cooled between stages, while the after-cooler provides a second cooling stage, that further cools the air before it goes into the tank. Our after-cooler also includes an all copper main feed line from the pump into the tank.
In summary, not only do we have one of the highest-quality, most durable air compressor pumps in the industry, we can also boast the lowest RPM air compressor pumps on the market. On the majority of our compressors, we purposefully oversize our pumps, running them at lower RPMs than most manufacturers. Our more powerful, low RPM pump can still yield a high CFM output, because both our bore and stroke are larger. The benefit is that our customers get the big CFM output, while enjoying the lower RPM operation, which reduces friction and heat, extending the life of the air compressor pump.
Name Brand Electric Motor
These units have name brand OPD (open drip motors) on them, all of which carry a five-year warranty. All of our motors are low RPM (1750 rpm), versus the higher RPM motors (3450 RPM) used on many competitive units. 1750 RPM motors run much cooler than 3450 RPM motors, because of the higher torque factor. They also yield low harmonic distortion, provide much higher torque in cold weather starting and requiring less electricity under start up.
Additional Motor Features:
- Large 1-3/8” output shaft
- High quality ball bearings on the front and rear of the motor shaft
- Large starting and running capacitors15 Service Factor load. This means the motor can be pulled 15% over full load for more break horsepower
- Dynamically balanced armature for low vibration levels
Built with 13 G steel and premium-grade expanded metal, our belt guards are more dependable and reliable than any of our competitors, in addition to providing exceptional safety for our customers. Built in the United States, all of our belt guards are OSHA approved.
All of our air tanks are manufactured in the United States and are ASME code compliant in 50 states, including California.
Controls & Components
Eaton Compressor uses only top-quality, brand-name components on our air compressors, including:
- Top quality pressure switches – including an adjustable screw, which allows you to adjust your pressure higher or lower.
- 100% brass check valves with Teflon seating – All check valves on our compressors are solid brass with a Teflon seating. This reduces tank noise, when the compressor is running, because the Teflon seating is much quieter than other materials and insulates noise when valves are opening and closing, during the compression stage.
- 100% brass ASME safety valves – all safety valves are 100% brass and comply to ASME code. Valves are preset and sealed for correct settings. In the event that your compressor will not turn off, our safety valves open, keeping the compressor from building too high of a pressure level in the tank. This will help to avoid the potential of tank rupture.
- Top quality plumbing fittings – to maintain proper sealing when connected to the tank.
- High quality 100% brass ball valves – used for turning air on and off from the air receiver.
- Extended tank water drain pipe – plumbed out the front of the unit with a ¼” ball valve handle for easy tank draining. This eliminates the hassle of draining the tank with the typical petcock-style drain under the tank.
- Load-less starting – built-in head un-loaders, in the intake valve assembly, unload the pump so it will not start under direct head pressure. This feature prevents damage to the motor during the starting cycle.
Motor Pulley & Belts
We use taper-lock style, 2-groove pulleys, versus single groove. We also use dual, 2-groove, B-Style belts to drive our pumps. This combination is best for a couple of reasons – the dual belts ensure long belt life, and yield low vibration, which makes for smoother, more quiet operation. This is because the dual belts do not have to be as tight as with a single belt setup. The tighter the belts (as with a single belt setup) the more load on the compressor pump, and motor bearings, which decreases the life of both. As well, our taper lock pulleys are much better than a fixed bore pulley with a set screw. A taper lock design will lock the pulley into position, to the motor shaft, allowing it not to loosen or move on the motor shaft.
If you have any questions, or are ready for a quote, please contact our sales team at 877-283-7614 and they’ll work with you to find the best air compressor to meet your needs.
Technical SpecificationsCompressor Information
CFM 34 SCFM @ 175 PSI / 38 SCFM @ 100 PSI Compressor Stages Two Stage Compressor Style Piston Electric Description 10 HP Two Stage Air Compressor Factory Settings 145 PSI Shut off Max Pressure – Turn on Pressure 100 PSI Low Oil Shut-off no low oil shut off – has sight glass Max Working PSI 175 Pump Material Solid Cast Iron Pump model number APP4V1043T Pump RPM 800 Pump Style Two Stage V-4 Model PP10H120V3 Dimension: Length x Depth x Height (in inches) 27.25×72.5×53.5Motor Information Horse Power 10 Phase 3 Motor RPM 1750 Running AMP 24 AMP @ 208/230 VOLT- 12 AMP @ 460 VOLT Voltage 208/230/460/380/575 Start Up AMP 48 AMP @ 208/230 – 24 @ 460 VOLT Recommended Breaker 40 AMP @ 208/230- 20 AMP @ 460 VOLTTank Information Size 120 Gallon Horizontal Outlet Size NPT 1″ Drain Type AutomaticAdditional Information Certification UL, CSA, ASME Noise Rating 73 DBA Warranty 5 year Bumper to Bumper- no Pro-rated Product Weight (LBS) 970
Click here for the User Manual for this compressor or view it online below.