10 HP Quiet Air Compressor, Single Phase, 80 Gallon Tank, Vertical, Industrial
10 HP Quiet Air Compressor, Single Phase, 80 Gallon Tank, Vertical, Industrial
5.00 out of 5
Each and every one of our piston air compressors is built to exacting standards, to provide years of dependable service, under demanding conditions. And because we use only high-quality brand-name components, we offer a full five year warranty, on all of our piston air compressors.
This Industrial 10 HP 2 Stage Single Phase Vertical 80 Gallon Quiet Air Compressor is designed for up to 50,000 hours industrial use with proper maintenance. This unit features our low RPM pumps and delivers 31 @ 100 PSI / 26 @ 175 PSI. This air compressor also features automatic or continuous run functionality, offering the utmost in flexibility to meet your compressed air needs.Click to Watch Our Whisper Quiet Air Compressor Video
The BEST Warranty In the Industry
Polar Air, by Eaton Compressor, backs all of our piston air compressors with the best warranty in the industry – a full 5 years – and it is NOT pro-rated. Make sure to research and ask questions, when comparing warranty information. Be certain, when you buy, that you are getting a FULL warranty. A Pro-Rated warranty means that, the older the compressor gets, the more risk that you may have to pay out of your own pocket, should it need repair. With our warranty, we don’t ask you to buy a service plan, or extended warranty – we just ask that you purchase and use our oil and filters. This ensures the correct oil and filters to keep your piston air compressor running for years to come. Our trained service and support team is ready to assist you, if you ever need them and we carry a full line of air compressor replacement parts.
One of the Quietest Air Compressors on the Market
A noise-suppression device was first developed, by Polar Air engineers, after feedback from our customers revealed a significant number of complaints, regarding the extreme noise levels of many of our competitors. Engineered and manufactured in the USA, our Whisper Series Quiet Air Compressors reduce stationary compressor DBA ratings by as much as 25%. In an industrial environment, stationary air compressors typically require the added expense of the building or structure to isolate the air compressor and reduce noise in the work environment. The Whisper Series Quiet Air Compressors solves this problem.
The Whisper Series Quiet air Compressors can be installed and operated in any environment, eliminating the need for costly and often inadequate buildings or structures to house the air compressor. Our Whisper Silent Air unit is already installed on the back of the tank, held securely in place with brackets that are fabricated for easy removal and low profile. The Whisper Silent Air Unit dissipates compressor intake noise by channeling the intake air through a series of baffle plates and pre-filters, housed within the silencer cabinet. As a result, the piston intake noise is trapped and dissipated within the silencer structure, significantly reducing noise in the workplace. It also acts as a secondary filtration for cleaner air, which will extend the life of your air compressor.
Our Air Compressor Pump
At the core of our Whisper Series Quiet Air Compressors is our sturdy and reliable air compressor pump by Eaton Compressor. These air compressor pumps are exceptionally quiet in operation and engineered to provide years of reliable service.
Our air compressor pumps are engineered with reliability and durability in mind. The crankcase is solid cast iron, ensuring stable crankshaft alignment and the ability to handle a higher workload even under heavy load conditions. Our compressor pumps also feature a precision balanced solid cast iron crankshaft with Timken-Style stainless steel roller bearings on the front and rear of the crankshaft, ensuring smooth & efficient operation with less drag and reduced energy usage
Our air compressor pumps also feature:
- All steel connecting rods with replaceable rod bearing inserts – this allows the air compressor rods to be rebuilt. While many of our competitors use less reliable aluminum rods, that cannot be rebuilt, the ability to rebuild the rods in our compressor will save you money.
- Removable 100% cast iron cylinders – our solid cast iron cylinders are more stable under extreme workloads and do not warp from heat, ensuring years of reliable service. Many lesser quality competitors use aluminum cylinders with a pressed-in sleeve, that can quickly warp and often need to be replaced within 1-2 years. Our solid cast iron cylinders were designed to provide years of dependable service under extreme conditions.
- All cast iron cylinder heads – cast iron cylinder heads are more durable and dependable for trouble free operation.
- Disc valve design intake and exhaust valves – disc valves have been around for over 100 years and have been proven to provide reliable service under extreme conditions. Our disc valves can be easily removed from the top of the cylinder head, where they can be serviced in minutes, instead of hours, like the reed valves often found in lesser quality air compressors.
- Top quality compression and oil rings – our rings ensure performance with low oil carry over (1-5 PPM).
- Precision ground pistons – machined to tight tolerances ensuring low oil carry over.
- Premium non-absorbent gaskets – prevent oil seepage from the pump.
- All cast iron flywheel with built-in fan – the extra weight of our cast iron flywheel during run cycle gives the pump more “throw” on the compression stroke resulting in fewer loads on the electric motor. Many lesser quality air compressors use aluminum flywheels that do not have the proper weight ratio to give the proper throw, on the compression stroke, when the pump is running.
- Built-in head unloaders – these unloaders are built into the intake valve assembly, on the compressor head, and perform a valuable function by unloading or opening the intake valves under constant run applications. This feature reduces internal pump heat from compression, because the intake valve is held open throughout the unloading cycle, allowing fresh air to come into the cylinder chamber. Under the compression stroke, the unloader holds the intake valve open, allowing the air to blow back out the intake filter. This fresh air absorbs the heat from the pump under heavy workloads.
- Built-in inter-cooler and after-coolers – the inter-cooler allows air to be cooled between stages, while the after-cooler provides a second cooling stage, that further cools the air before it goes into the tank. Our after-cooler also includes an all copper main feed line from the pump into the tank.
In summary, not only do we have one of the highest-quality, most durable air compressor pumps in the industry, we can also boast the lowest RPM air compressor pumps on the market. On the majority of our compressors, we purposefully oversize our pumps, running them at lower RPMs than most manufacturers. Our more powerful, low RPM pump can still yield a high CFM output, because both our bore and stroke are larger. The benefit is that our customers get the big CFM output, while enjoying the lower RPM operation, which reduces friction and heat, extending the life of the air compressor pump.
Name Brand Electric Motor
These units have name brand OPD (open drip motors) on them, all of which carry a five-year warranty. All of our motors are low RPM (1750 rpm), versus the higher RPM motors (3450 RPM) used on many competitive units. 1750 RPM motors run much cooler than 3450 RPM motors, because of the higher torque factor. They also yield low harmonic distortion, provide much higher torque in cold weather starting and requiring less electricity under start up.
Additional Motor Features:
- Large 1-3/8” output shaft
- High quality ball bearings on the front and rear of the motor shaft
- Large starting and running capacitors15 Service Factor load. This means the motor can be pulled 15% over full load for more break horsepower
- Dynamically balanced armature for low vibration levels
Built with 13 G steel and premium-grade expanded metal, our belt guards are more dependable and reliable than any of our competitors, in addition to providing exceptional safety for our customers. Built in the United States, all of our belt guards are OSHA approved.
All of our air tanks are manufactured in the United States and are ASME code compliant in 50 states, including California.
Controls & Components
Eaton Compressor uses only top-quality, brand-name components on our air compressors, including:
- Top quality pressure switches – including an adjustable screw, which allows you to adjust your pressure higher or lower.
- 100% brass check valves with Teflon seating – All check valves on our compressors are solid brass with a Teflon seating. This reduces tank noise, when the compressor is running, because the Teflon seating is much quieter than other materials and insulates noise when valves are opening and closing, during the compression stage.
- 100% brass ASME safety valves – all safety valves are 100% brass and comply to ASME code. Valves are preset and sealed for correct settings. In the event that your compressor will not turn off, our safety valves open, keeping the compressor from building too high of a pressure level in the tank. This will help to avoid the potential of tank rupture.
- Top quality plumbing fittings – to maintain proper sealing when connected to the tank.
- High quality 100% brass ball valves – used for turning air on and off from the air receiver.
- Extended tank water drain pipe – plumbed out the front of the unit with a ¼” ball valve handle for easy tank draining. This eliminates the hassle of draining the tank with the typical petcock-style drain under the tank.
- Load-less starting – built-in head un-loaders, in the intake valve assembly, unload the pump so it will not start under direct head pressure. This feature prevents damage to the motor during the starting cycle.
Motor Pulley & Belts
We use taper-lock style, 2-groove pulleys, versus single groove. We also use dual, 2-groove, B-Style belts to drive our pumps. This combination is best for a couple of reasons – the dual belts ensure long belt life, and yield low vibration, which makes for smoother, more quiet operation. This is because the dual belts do not have to be as tight as with a single belt setup. The tighter the belts (as with a single belt setup) the more load on the compressor pump, and motor bearings, which decreases the life of both. As well, our taper lock pulleys are much better than a fixed bore pulley with a set screw. A taper lock design will lock the pulley into position, to the motor shaft, allowing it not to loosen or move on the motor shaft.
If you have any questions, or are ready for a quote, please contact our sales team at 877-283-7614 and they’ll work with you to find the best air compressor to meet your needs.
Technical SpecificationsCompressor Information
CFM 38 @ 100 psi Compressor Stages Two Stage Compressor Style Piston Electric Description 10HP Two Stage Air Compressor Max Working PSI 175 Pump Material Solid Cast Iron Pump model number APP4V1043T Model PES10V080V1 Pump RPM 800 Dimension 38 1/8″ D x 42″ W x 71.5″ H Drive Type Drive TypeMotor Information Horse Power 10 Phase 1 Motor RPM 1750 Voltage 208/230Tank Information Size 80 Gallon Vertical Outlet Size NPT 3/4″ Drain Type AutomaticAdditional Information Certification UL, CSA, ASME Noise Rating 73 DBA Warranty 5 year Bumper to Bumper- no Pro-rated Shipping Weight (LBS) 810
Click here for the User Manual for this compressor or view it online below.