10 HP Quiet Air Compressor, Variable Speed, Single Phase, Silent Air Series
10 HP Quiet Air Compressor, Variable Speed, Single Phase, Silent Air Series, Industrial Plus
5.00 out of 5
- 84% Energy Savings on Start Ups / 40% Energy Savings during Run Cycles – At .10 cents per kWh, the unit will pay for itself, in energy savings, in 24 months (assuming a 5 day work week).
- Fully Programmable PLC – Set Date, Hours of Operation, PSI & RPM ranges
- VFD technology allows one unit to be programmed by the user to operate on the majority of input power options, including three phase and single phase electric.
- Allows the user to install up to a 25 HP compressor on single phase power
- Automatic shutdown and/or provide maintenance warnings, when oil levels are low
- Dual Control continuous run variable speed operation or Start/Stop
- Up to $5,000.00 a year in energy savings and up to $800.00 in reduced maintenance expenses
- Automatic Electronic Tank Drain with Dual Timer
- Pressure-Lubricated Pump
The BEST Warranty In the Industry
Polar Air, by Eaton Compressor, backs all of our piston air compressors with the best warranty in the industry – a full 5 years – and it is NOT pro-rated. Make sure to research and ask questions, when comparing warranty information. Be certain, when you buy, that you are getting a FULL warranty. A Pro-Rated warranty means that, the older the compressor gets, the more risk that you may have to pay out of your own pocket, should it need repair. With our warranty, we don’t ask you to buy a service plan, or extended warranty – we just ask that you purchase and use our oil and filters. This ensures the correct oil and filters to keep your piston air compressor running for years to come. Our trained service and support team is ready to assist you, if you ever need them and we carry a full line of air compressor replacement parts.
Variable Speed Saves You Money In Operating Costs
Built-in air demand sensor automatically increases or decreases the pump speed and air output, based on actual air demand, thereby reducing energy waste and increasing pump and motor life. Variable speed soft start saves up to 7 times starting energy. Motor gradually increases RPM, keeping startup AMPs at a bare minimum.
Eaton Compressor VSD Starting advantage, saves up to 10 times in energy savings, Variable speed soft start provides the most in energy efficiency and the lowest starting amps of any compressor on the market. This is because the electric motor is electronically controlled from the PLC through the VSD to gradually increase the motor speed under the starting of the compressor. The low motor starting amps allows the motor endless starting cycles per hour, this is because the starting amps is no more than when the unit is running.
For example, starting a 10 HP, 1 phase electric compressor without Variable Speed, the peak amps are around 270 for a split second. The variable speed 10 HP 1 phase starting peak amps for a split second is only 27 amps, this is giving a starting peak amp savings of 250 amps less power. This is 10 times less power to start the compressor for a 1,000 % starting amp savings.
ON Demand energy running savings. This feature regulates the motor and pump speed off the pressure setting in the PLC. This set point pressure on the compressor is adjustable by the customer, from 70 psi to 175 psi ranges. As the compressor demand is increased, for every 1 psi lost the pump increases in rpm to catch the demand on the air system. Once the air demand is met for every psi increase from the pressure set point the motor and pump reduces speed saving energy. This can save up to 40% in energy while the compressor is in running operation.
Variable speed allows up to 25 hp to run on 1 phase power or 3 phase power without any changes to the compressor, under 208- or 230-volt ranges. However, if the power supply is 460 volts the compressor must be ordered in 460-volt power only.
Benefits Of Single Phase Power Option
VSD Smart Technology empowers businesses to install up to a 25HP air compressor that operates on single phase electric. For businesses that do not have 3- phase power, new VFD technology will eliminate the need to install & operate multiple air compressors to meet their air demands.
Our Programmable Logic Controller Puts You In Control
The PLC will give you digital pressure adjustment from 70 PSI to 175 PSI. It includes HZ display while unit is running and provides programmable timed starts and stops for each day of the week. The PLC also displays maintenance alarms, indicating when it’s time to provide service or change filters and oil. Alarms include: low oil shutdown, motor overload shutdown, high voltage or low voltage shutdown and loss of phase shutdown. Digitally displays kW energy savings while unit is running.
One of the Quietest Air Compressors on the Market
A noise-suppression device was first developed, by Eaton Compressor engineers, after feedback from our customers revealed a significant number of complaints, regarding the extreme noise levels of many of our competitors. Engineered and manufactured in the USA, our Whisper Series Quiet Air Compressors reduce stationary compressor DBA ratings by as much as 50%. In an industrial environment, stationary air compressors typically require the added expense of the building or structure to isolate the air compressor and reduce noise in the work environment. The Whisper Series Quiet Air Compressors solves this problem.
The Whisper Series Quiet air Compressors can be installed and operated in any environment, eliminating the need for costly and often inadequate buildings or structures to house the air compressor. Our Whisper Silent Air unit is already installed on the back of the tank, held securely in place with brackets that are fabricated for easy removal and low profile. The Whisper Silent Air Unit dissipates compressor intake noise by channeling the intake air through a series of baffle plates and pre-filters, housed within the silencer cabinet. As a result, the piston intake noise is trapped and dissipated within the silencer structure, significantly reducing noise in the workplace. It also acts as a secondary filtration for cleaner air, which will extend the life of your air compressor.
Our Air Compressor Pump
At the core of our Whisper Series Quiet Air Compressors is our sturdy and reliable air compressor pump by Eaton Compressor. These air compressor pumps are exceptionally quiet in operation and engineered to provide years of reliable service.
Our air compressor pumps are engineered with reliability and durability in mind. The crankcase is solid cast iron, ensuring stable crankshaft alignment and the ability to handle a higher workload even under heavy load conditions. Our compressor pumps also feature a precision balanced solid cast iron crankshaft ported for pressure lubrication with Timken-Style stainless steel roller bearings on the front and rear of the crankshaft, ensuring smooth & efficient operation with less drag and reduced energy usage.
Our air compressor pumps also feature:
- Pressure pump lubrication. Pressure Lubrication Gear style oil pump insures each internal pump bearing gets an abundance of oil for lubrication, even when Variable Speed pump RPMs slow as low as 250 RPMs. Pressure Lubrication with an internal pump filter screen makes the B10 bearing life increase to 60,000 hours of compressor pump bearing life.
- All steel connecting rods with replaceable rod bearing inserts – this allows the air compressor rods to be rebuilt. While many of our competitors use less reliable aluminum rods, that cannot be rebuilt, the ability to rebuild the rods in our compressor will save you money. The connecting rods are ported and drilled to allow a constant flow of oil from the compressor oil pump to the bearings. The insures less bearing wear for longer pump life over a slash lube pump style.
- Removable 100% cast iron cylinders – our solid cast iron cylinders are more stable under extreme workloads and do not warp from heat, ensuring years of reliable service. Many lesser quality competitors use aluminum cylinders with a pressed-in sleeve, that can quickly warp and often need to be replaced within 1-2 years. Our solid cast iron cylinders were designed to provide years of dependable service under extreme conditions.
- All cast iron cylinder heads – cast iron cylinder heads are more durable and dependable for trouble free operation.
- Disc valve design intake and exhaust valves – disc valves have been around for over 100 years and have been proven to provide reliable service under extreme conditions. Our disc valves can be easily removed from the top of the cylinder head, where they can be serviced in minutes, instead of hours, like the reed valves often found in lesser quality air compressors.
- Top quality compression and 4 oil rings – our rings ensure performance with low oil carry over (1-5 PPM).
- Precision ground pistons – machined to tight tolerances ensuring low oil carry over.
- Premium non-absorbent gaskets – prevent oil seepage from the pump.
- All cast iron flywheel with built-in fan – – the extra weight of our cast iron flywheel during run cycle gives the pump more “throw and Kinetic energy” on the compression stroke resulting in less load and amp draw on the electric motor. Many lesser quality air compressors use aluminum flywheels that do not have the proper weight ratio to give the proper throw, on the compression stroke, when the pump is running.
- Built-in head unloaders automatically controlled– these unloaders are built into the intake valve assembly, on the compressor head, and perform a valuable function by unloading or opening the intake valves under constant run applications and under the starting of the compressor.. This feature reduces internal pump heat from compression while the compressor is running, because the intake valve is held open throughout the unloading cycle, allowing fresh cool air to enter into the cylinder chamber and absorbing the heat of the cylinder/heads.. Under the compression stroke, the unloader holds the intake valve open, allowing the absorbed/heat hot air to blow back out the intake filter cooling the pump inside out. This fresh air absorbs the heat from the pump and cooling under heavy workloads.
- Built-in inter-cooler and after-coolers – the inter-cooler allows air to be cooled between stages, while the after-cooler provides a second cooling stage, that further cools the air before it goes into the tank. Our after-cooler also includes an all copper main feed line from the pump into the tank.
In summary, not only do we have one of the highest-quality, most durable air compressor pumps in the industry, we can also boast the lowest RPM air compressor pumps on the market,as low as 250 rpm pump speeds.. On most of our compressors, we purposefully oversize our pumps, running them at lower RPMs than most manufacturers. Our more powerful, low RPM pump can still yield a high CFM output/volumetric pump efficiency, because both our bore and stroke are larger. The benefit is that our customers get the big CFM output, while enjoying the lower RPM quiet operation, which reduces friction and heat, extending the life of the air compressor pump.
Name Brand Electric Motor
These units have name brand Nema Standard TEFC on them, all of which carry a five-year warranty. All our motors are low RPM 4 pole (1750 rpm), versus the higher RPM motors (3450 RPM) used on many competitive units. 1750 RPM motors run much cooler than 3450 RPM motors, because of the 2X higher torque factor under cold weather starting. . They also yield low harmonic distortion, provide much higher torque in cold weather starting and requiring less electricity under start up.
Additional Motor Features:
- Large 1-3/8” output shaft
- High quality ball bearings on the front and rear of the motor shaft
- 3 phase motor running off 1 phase power. This eliminates starting and running capacitors and centrifugal starting switch maintience. The large variable speed drive is the phase convertor. When the compressor is under 208/230 volt power supply, it can run in single or 3 phase applications with no changes to the unit to do so.
- Dynamically balanced armature for low vibration levels
Built with 13 G steel and premium-grade expanded metal, reduces vibration noises, our belt guards are more dependable and reliable than any of our competitors, in addition to providing exceptional safety for our customers. Built in the United States, all our belt guards are OSHA UL/CSA approved.
All our air tanks are manufactured in the United States and are ASME/CRN code compliant in 50 states, including California and Canada.
Controls & Components
Eaton Compressor uses only top-quality, brand-name components on our air compressors, including:
- Top quality pressure sensor switches – including an adjustable range from 70 psi to 175 psi through the PLC of the compressor, which allows you to adjust your pressure higher or lower.
- 100% brass check valves with Teflon seating – All check valves on our compressors are solid brass with a Teflon seating. This reduces tank noise, when the compressor is running, because the Teflon seating is much quieter than other materials and insulates noise when valves are opening and closing, during the compression stage.
- 100% brass ASME safety valves – all safety valves are 100% brass and comply to ASME code. Valves are preset and sealed for correct settings. In the event that your compressor will not turn off, our safety valves open, keeping the compressor from building too high of a pressure level in the tank. This will help to avoid the potential of tank rupture.
- Top quality plumbing fittings– to maintain proper sealing when connected to the tank and adding safety to the compressor.
- High quality 100% brass ball valves – used for turning air on and off from the air receiver.
- Extended tank water automatic water drain valve.– plumbed out the front of the unit with an adjustable electronic timer for tank draining. This feature eliminates the worry of your air tank being drained properly. This automatic drain only operates as the compressor is in the run cycle. This eliminates turning off the drain valve when the compressor is in use.
- Solenoid controlled head unloaders for start-up. The feature is timed through the PLC to eliminate backpressure on the cylinders and pistons during starting of the compressor and offers automatic dual control through the PLC. The eliminates manually turning on and off the dual control. This feature is timed and automatically active through the PLC.
Motor Pulley & Belts
We use taper-lock style, 2-groove pulleys, versus single groove. We also use dual, 2-groove, B-Style belts to drive our pumps. This combination is best for a couple of reasons – the dual belts ensure long belt life, and yield low vibration, which makes for smoother, more quiet operation. This is because the dual belts do not have to be as tight as with a single belt setup. The tighter the belts (as with a single belt setup) the more load on the compressor pump, and motor bearings, which decreases the life of both. As well, our taper lock pulleys are much better than a fixed bore pulley with a set screw. A taper lock design will lock the pulley into position, to the motor shaft, allowing it not to loosen or move on the motor shaft.
If you have any questions, or are ready for a quote, please contact our sales team at 877-283-7614 and they’ll work with you to find the best air compressor to meet your needs.
Technical SpecificationsCompressor Information
CFM 38 @ 100 PSI Compressor Stages Two Stage Factory Settings 150 PSI Shut off Max Pressure, can be changed on the PLC to 70-175 PSI Dimension: Length x Depth x Height (in inches) 41 1/8×43 3/8×78.5 Max Working PSI 175 Pump Material Solid Cast Iron Pump model number APP4V1043T Pump RPM Variable Speed 250-800 RPM Oil Capacity 2.5 Quarts Model PS10V120V3Motor Information Horse Power 10 Phase Single Phase Motor RPM 1750 Running AMP 24 AMP @ 208/230 VOLT- 12 AMP @ 460 VOLT Voltage 208/230/460/380/575 Recommended Breaker 40 AMP @ 208/230- 20 AMP @ 460 VOLTTank Information Size 120 Gallon Vertical Outlet Size NPT 1″ Drain Type AutomaticAdditional Information Certification UL, CSA, ASME Product Weight (LBS) 1020 Warranty 5 year Bumper to Bumper- no Pro-rated
Click here for the User Manual for this compressor or view it online below.